Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
Steps Toward Excellence
- Starve your distractions, feed your focus.
- Set goals.
- Read every day.
- Time is non-refundable — use it with intention.
- Have a vision.
- Live inspired.
- If you don’t go after it, you won’t have it.
- Make mistakes and pursue failure.
Physicist Richard Feynman
Steps to Self-Compassion
- Recognize that we are suffering.
- Drop our reactive stories.
- Mindfully accept and observe whatever painful feelings are present.
- Offer compassion and reassurance to the part of us that is suffering.
The Difficult Thing of Being Human
Sacred Presence of Life
I am enough. I am more important than anything I will ever accomplish, for I am the sacred presence of life. It is with my enough-ness that I now cause my life to look the way I want it to look.
You Are Enough: Always Have Been, Always Will Be
Realm of the Heart
Suffering can be unpleasant and sometimes cause us to close our hearts, making us bitter and cold. But if we allow suffering to penetrate our being, it can bring us to the tender and vulnerable realm of the heart.
Blossoming of Suffering
When experienced from the heart, suffering can blossom into loving-kindness, compassion, gratitude, peace, and even joy.