Steps to Happiness
- Celebrate Your Talents, Gifts, and Strengths.
- Choose Thoughts that Attract Happiness and Health.
- Love Your Body Without Condition.
- Practice Gratitude.
- Celebrate Your Spirituality.
- Practice Forgiving Yourself and Others.
- Be the Change You Wish to See in the World.
- Keep and Cultivate Your Sense of Humor.
- Acknowledge and Embrace Your Mortality.
- Practice Self-Responsibility.
Ten Simple Strategies for a Happier You: Changing the World From the Inside Out
How can we expect to deepen in understanding if we do not live an ethical life? Living without integrity, we endlessly create the conditions for unpleasant mind states and feelings to arise.
A commitment to integrity is a commitment to living a life without residues, a life of loving kindness and freedom. Words, thought, and actions of loving kindness and integrity leave no trace of regret in our minds and hearts.
The Buddhist Path to Simplicity
If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of yourself. If you want to eliminate the suffering in the world, then eliminate all that is dark and negative in yourself. Truly, the greatest gift you have to give is that of your own self-transformation.
Qualities of Classics
Classic describes moments when the human mind peaks in its grasp of the true, the good, and the beautiful. There is no canonical agreement of what makes a classic a classic. However, there do seem to be certain qualities without which the term classic would seem a compliment misapplied:
The excellence of a classic is such that it seems to enjoy an inexhaustibility of meaning. The opposite of a classic is a period piece, fad, momentary, or provincial thing with glitzy celebrity.
Classics melt borders geographically and temporally. Classics are as at home today as they were yesterday – and maybe even more so today as new developments make their insights even more relevant and more obviously true.
Classics jostle how we see the world. Classics are subverse of petty and sectarian orthodoxies and ideologies. In a classic, the might be triumphs over the grip of the status quo.
Hope follows like a corollary to excellence, universality, and shock. Hope has universal appeal and opens previously unexpected horizons. Hope enlarges our sense of possibility and invites participation.
Classics are fruitful in two ways: they spawn other classics, and over time, more is found in them than was even suspected by the original authors. Classics are perennials that rise to new life with each new opportunity. Millennia later their insights may be vindicated as they could not have been when first created. In the presence of a classic, standards rise and thus critical thought is encouraged.
Christianity Without God: Moving beyond the Dogmas and Retrieving the Epic Moral Narrative
Daniel C. Maguire
Live Each Day With Passion
- The Past Doesn’t Have A Future, But You Do.
- Believe In Yourself And In Your Dreams.
- Make The Most Of Every Day.
- Action Will Turn Your Dreams Into Success.
- Look At Life Through The Windshield, Not The Rear-view Mirror.
- When You Stop Giving, You Stop Living.
- Live Each Day With Passion, And You’ll Never Have Regrets.