Support and Sharing
We must take advantage of support and sharing in a mutually beneficial way. Whenever we take from another, we should try to give back something. Friends should walk side by side for as long as their journey lasts, without becoming dependent upon one another.
Helping Without Expectation
If you can help someone do something, then you should do so without any hesitation or expectation of reward or debt. If there is something that you need to learn and your companion can show it to you, then you should accept it in humility.
Transience of Life
All encounters have a beginning and end. Transience is what gives life poignancy. Every person is responsible for himself or herself. There is no road to walk but your own.
365 Tao: Daily Meditations
Deng Ming-Dao is a prolific author. His books have been translated into fifteen languages. He studied qigong, philosophy, meditation, and internal martial arts with Taoist master Kwan Saihung for thirteen years.
Books Deng Ming-Dao has written include:
- 365 Tao: Daily Meditations
- Chronicles of Tao: The Secret Life of a Taoist Master
- Each Journey Begins With a Single Step: The Taoist Book of Life
- Everyday Tao: Living with Balance and Harmony
- Scholar Warrior: An Introduction to the Tao in Everyday Life
- The Lunar Tao: Meditations in Harmony with the Seasons
- The Wisdom of the Tao: Ancient Stories that Delight, Inform, and Inspire